Skip over navigation
How do I certify into the Cougar Choice Housing Program?
- Participation is voluntary and there are no fees for program qualification.
- Cougar Choice personnel will complete independent reviews of a sample size of your property.
- Upon completion of the inspection, the inspector will determine whether the property meets Cougar Choice criteria.
- Inspections are every two years to remain in the program.
- ASWSU will promote Cougar Choice properties at fairs, on websites, and other social media.
- If a property does not meet the 90% threshold, recommendations for improvement will be given.
- Property owners have 60 business days to address the changes.
- 5% of each property/complex and a minimum of 5 units per complex will be inspected to ensure consistency. Houses are by street address.