Skip to main content
Skip over navigation
ASWSU Cougar Choice Housing
Realities of Being a Renter
- Pay your rent on time
- Respect the property, return it in same condition as when you received it
- Behave like an adult
- Figure out responsibilities – payments, decorations, chores, etc.
- Be a good neighbor
- Take out your trash – recycle
- Take responsibility for you and your guests
- Park only where permitted
- Don’t let your roommates ruin your rental record
- Keep yourself safe
- Call police if neighbor is too noisy or out of hand
- Use available resources if you have problems with landlord, roommate, or anyone. ASWSU legal services, Health and Wellness, Whitman County Landlord Tenant Association, etc.