Skip to main content
Skip over navigation
ASWSU Cougar Choice Housing
- Which companies should you work with or some you should not
- Signs may indicate which companies manage which properties
When should you start looking for a place?
- Some property managers start leasing as early as January
- If interested in a place, call and ask about leasing dates
Where to look
- Most rental agencies have web pages
- Whitman County Landlord & Tenant Association
- Chamber of Commerce – Pullman WA
- Palouseads.com – etc.
- Housing Fair
Track information about places that interest you
- Agency name/manager and contact information
- Property address, features, rent cost
- Deposit amounts
- When available
- What is included in rent and what is not – Electric, cable, internet, trash, etc.
What is the application process?
- Application fee and how much?
- Each agency may have a different process
- What determines if you get a rental unit?
- When will you know?
Gather information before you start
- Have names, phone numbers of past rentals, jobs, references
- Drivers License, Social Security Number, Student ID #, car license, bank account number