Will you move off-campus, stay in the dorms, or move to a Greek House
- Must be 18 to sign a lease
- Consider price and convenience
- Apartment – variable costs, cook own food, more responsibility, more freedom
- Dorms – consistent cost, food on campus, no need to leave campus, less freedom
Who will you live with?
- How will you determine if someone is compatible and will make a good roommate?
- List of questions to ask a potential roommate
- Parties, dirty dishes, bathrooms, cleanliness, drug use/habits, smoking
How many roommates do you want?
- Sharing costs vs. on your own
- Will you rent a house or apartment?
Find out the budget of the group members
- Other costs besides rent
- Determine your price range
What features are required vs. optional for roommates?
- What features would be nice to have?
- Define your priorities – be realistic
- Do roommates feel strongly about having pets?
- Will pets limit your housing options?
- Pets fee(s)/deposits
- Don’t sneak in pets – fine(s)
- Roommate agreements – Payments